This project engages youth in looking at gambling issues. Bruce Dienes, of KCAGoG is interviewed for background info. The community of the Cobequid region of Nova Scotia set out to discover what their youth thought about gambling, how it impacted them, what effect advertising and marketing had in their lives, and how we can improve [...]
by GRINS Web on June 3, 2013
Gambling Risk Informed Nova Scotia (GRINS) is a not-for-profit organization based in Nova Scotia Canada.
We have an all-volunteer board of community members who care deeply about the health and safety of our communities.
Our members have had backgrounds in injury prevention, seniors’ safety, addictions counselling, health promotion, community psychology, statistics, research, not-for-profit management and small business.
- Nova Scotia is considering dangerous online high-stakes casino. Contact your MLA!
- GRINS gets GANS Community Grant
- POSTPONED: Safer Community Award to Wolfville Legion
- Gambling on Addiction – How Governments Rely on Problem Gamblers
- Are you interested in helping to create healthy communities?
- Block online gambling websites (free software)
- Annual Report 2018
- Our New Name and Website!
- NS Auditor General’s report finds lacks in Gambling Harm Prevention
- New VLT centre opens in Halifax area despite outcry from residents
- Online gambling: why provinces are eager to jump in
- KCAGoG (GRINS) in the news
- Press Release re “My Play” removal
- Friday, June 20th Celebration – Come and see us!
- Come to a Celebration of our Work and AGM!